Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Self Employed?

If an agency won't accept me I have to consider other options. Working for myself and trying to make it on my own. So would need to consider how to be self-employed.

Because I'm a girl and need to think about a career for the long term - I'm highly likely to want kids later on in life - so need to consider all aspects before deciding on career...

"I'm self-employed - what do I get?"
If you are self-employed, you won't be entitled to statutory maternity pay, but you will be entitled to maternity allowance if:
  • you have worked for 26 weeks in the last 66 weeks (either for yourself or an employer); and
  • you have 13 weeks where you have paid Class 2 NI contributions or held a certificate of small earnings exemption.
If you have got 13 weeks of Class 2 NI contributions, you are entitled to the full amount of £128.73. If you have the certificate, you will be entitled to £27 per week.
If you own a limited company and pay yourself through PAYE, you will qualify for SMP if you meet the conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment