1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
In this module I think I have developed my receptiveness, in that I can now go to a crit, listen to what people have to say and then try and incorporate it into my work.
2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
With the ‘What if’ brief I’ve definitely realised that in some cases that it is essential that you carry out primary research such as questionnaires as when dealing with solving problems involving the public it is important to consider their opinions.
I think with the 100 brief it really helped me to have such a large number in terms of research as it gave me a wider scope to delve into and refine my concepts to a finer point.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
In all honesty, I think my strengths have come from the 100 brief. I chose to pursue methods of design I’ve not really explored before – which may have been a bit risky and gone totally wrong, but I think that taking the risk paid off and I was quite happy with my visuals and happy with myself for pushing myself to try methods which if used effectively I can start to develop in the future
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
The craft of the box wasn’t to a standard that I wanted it to be which has come down to two factors, which probably aren’t plausible time and money. These factors have been a big issue in the 100 brief and I really wish they hadn’t been as I really wanted to create something to my full potential. Next time I will have to think really carefully about especially when trying to coincide the next brief / module with others.
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
• Time management: Try and set aside more time, well not more – just organise what it is that I want to do first which in turn will lead to a ‘final’ resolution being resolved faster and better.
• Craftsmanship: I think this is down to time management so if the above goal is achieved then hopefully my craft skills will improve.
• More development: Just what it says really, explore more with colour, composition etc.
• Evaluate more: I tend not to annotate with evaluating comments from what has been said in the crits and I need to start expressing myself more.
• Get some more sleep: This may not be a plausible goal to put in my evaluation, but seriously, I don’t feel like I’ve slept at all and it probably is starting to affect my work. I start to stress too much then panic which doesn’t give me great results which ultimately means I’m spending more time working things out.¬¬¬¬
6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)
5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor
Attendance X (2)
Punctuality X (2)
Motivation X (2)
Commitment X (2)
Quantity of work produced X (2)
Quality of work produced X (2)
Contribution to the group X (3)