Thursday 27 October 2011

Someone got in touch... with me

So, I've started working at a radio station as a personal assistant - thought it was a good opportunity to get into the music world, get to more gigs etc and Adam my boss has said I can help work on some websites for bands with him, which is great.
Anyway, I was replying to one band's member who then went on to ask me if I was a design student as well and this is the conversation that has followed since...


Rick
"Hey,

Thanks that's great! The reason I asked is because I had a look at your blog and saw that you were keen on designing for people interested in sport and improving your skills in digital. I particularly like 'Design Brief Ten - Surfing' - is that one of your own?

Anyway - I work as a senior designer at Sky Sports (Digital Media), based in Leeds, primarily on digital products for web, iPad, etc. so if you want to send me a few examples of your work and/or your CV I will keep you in the loop if any opportunities you might be interested in crop up?

Cheers,
Rick"
Me
Hey Rick,
Hope you're well.
My boss just forwarded your email onto me.
Thankyou so much for getting in touch! It's mad how a person is searchable and all sorts comes up and you managed to find my blog! Yeah I'm really into sport - my current brief is working on something for the 20th anniversary of the premier league. Yeah the surfing brief is something I've set myself - but working on it from January.
I'm predominantly an illustrator at present but work across cross media and am keen to develop my skills in digital. I wanted to get in touch today to let you know I got your email and I'll put together my work today and send it across.
I was wondering if it would be possible to pop into the studio sometime - for a chat? See what goes on etc.
Thankyou so much again for getting in touch and allowing me the opportunity to show me my work.
Bests,
Steph
Rick 
"Great - looking forward to seeing your work but don't worry about putting a load of stuff together - It'd be good to see what you come up with for the Premier League and Surfing briefs though and if you're doing any digital stuff I'll be happy to give feedback. I'm working in London a lot at the moment on an iPad project but I'll have a word with my boss when I'm based back in Leeds full-time about you popping down.

Rick"

Really lovely to get some correspondence that I really never expected. I'm going to put together my work over the next few days to send to him and really hope I can get something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment