Monday 26 October 2009

OUGD101 - Alphabet soup - Font for another person - group crit.

Group crit - in a group of seven, we went thorough what each of us had done so far in terms of research and ideas, which in all fairness didn't really help me - as I had been going over what I could have done for my font - produced a series of ideas and right before the crit totally changed what I wanted to do, so what the group were commenting on was stuff I no longer wanted to continue with.
The four words I am working with are: Finch, Chinese, Invisibility and shy (contained).
My research is following the words I have chosen and my ideas are starting to look at the research. I was told by the group just to create further ideas and to explore the new research I had accumulated.
The typeface I originally chose was Baruta Black but after talking with the group it was deemed not appropriate to communicate the Chinese word - it needed to be a more delicate and thinner font, which I totally agree with as I have now thought that it is quite a bold font - which would not be great for representing Jonny as I feel he is quite shy and reserved.
The group wanted me to look back at a Chinese A I had created in my work sheets - which I have done but feel it just doesn't communicate Jonny in the way I had hoped.
Actions to be taken (decided by the group):
Experiment with inks - to explore the Chinese aspect.
Create more letter ideas
Experiment with font - perhaps choose another.
Look at colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment