Monday 26 October 2009

OUGD101 - Alphabet soup - Font for another person - peer feedback.

Feedback from Ross and Pav:

Strengths: P: Intentions v. clear.
Plenty of ideas with range of typefaces.
Experimented well.
Good amount of research.

R: Lots of imagery to back up work.
Well developed worksheets - lots of ideas generated.
Lots of Methods / Media used to experiment.

Weaknesses: P: Although research good, would like to see more drawn ideas.
No colour experimentation.

R: as above.

Actions: P: Remember to bring in final (yer... I forgot to take it in)
Use a bit of colour in visual research.

R: as above.

My Evaulation:
Really appreciate the feedback from them. Next time I will remember the final piece, however I know I shouldn't have done it but I assumed it was tutors going through the support work who had seen the "final".
I will say that the reason for not introducing colour was just to keep it simple - not detract from the letterforms themselves - although I do agree with the guys that I could have put colour into my ideas.
This project was so hard - never met Jonny before and from the questions it was hard to resolve the problem - although I know this is how it works in industry.
I also realise I need to produce more visual ideas in order to find the best solution, but in terms of research this is just how I work - I feel I need "extensive" research in order to help trigger ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment