Wednesday 26 May 2010

Speaking from experience part 3

Crit - Comments from Robyn:

Good idea to promote things to do in trip week - guarantee that the majority of people do nothing and completely waste the free time given to them. By Receiving this at the beginning of the year, it gives audeience plenty of time to consider their options and book things early, and in turn getting things cheaper.
Like the use of an interatice online magazine, utilises modern technology well, will appeal to the majority of people on the course. Not something you can loose or throw away, will always be there for future reference.
Really like A3 visuals. Lots of exploration into composition, layout, grids etc. The grey 'berlin' experimentations really remind me of the holocaust memorial in the city - not sure if the link is intentional.
I like the way you have really considered the layout of the city names, and how these hand rendered visuals move seamlessly into computer generated visuals.
Definitly prefer the darker front covers to the lighter ones, they were quite bland and unimaginative. Maybe could be used on letter rather than backgrounds.
Lots and lots of visual variations in regards to page layout - maybe pick a few?
Injection of colour?

Reflection - Before heading into this crit I decided to alter my idea again as I wasn't happy with what I was doing - Robyn has really given me some good pointers to move on with which I will consider - was helpful having as much feedback as I got from her as it's given me a focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment