Thursday 27 May 2010

End of Module Evaluation

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them? 2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

During this module, my skills in In Design have really improved, and it has benefited me to learn properly about grid systems and layouts for editorials as I think that for my speaking from experience brief I don't think it would have look as effective if I had not learned this skill.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think that my visuals for finals / developments are improving and I am happy with the results that came out for the Speaking from experience brief - I think that learning new skills such as grids etc are helping me progress. I also think that I am now managing to produce more visual variations, which is helping me make quicker decisions and produce better outcomes.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

There was a point in the speaking from experience brief when the layouts in terms of colour arrangement and general imagery were not working, next time I want to identify the problem quicker, before continuing as I wasted a lot of time on something I ended up not being happy with. Also for the Communication is a virus brief I wish me and Josh had spent more time talking about the brief and met up more to discuss visuals and where to take the brief, as a result of not doing this I don't think it really developed.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  • Not waste time on something I'm not happy with.
  • Don't leave side briefs - such as design context and in design until last minute.
  • Blog more during the briefs - I really need to get into the habit of blogging daily.
  • Make more visual developments.
  • Plan better so things can be printed a lot earlier for the deadlines. I had to print stuff out on my own printer and as a result the print outs weren't great.


6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

Attendance X (4)
Punctuality X (4)
Motivation X (4)
Commitment X (4)
Quantity of work produced X (3)
Quality of work produced X (3)
Contribution to the group X (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment