Monday 9 November 2009

OUGD101 - No News Is Good News - Posters

This brief was a week long and unfortunately i missed the crit at the end due to illness.
The thinking behind the posters was to use simple language and visuals to communicate the idea of football hooligans and how in the 80's it was suggested to "fence in the animals" which is what I've loosely based my theme on.
For the text, I've opted for a bold font that I feel represents a manly sport, which I then broken into pieces to reflect a feeling of violence and show the nature of hooliganism.
The image poster I feel may take a little working out when looking at just image, I aimed to include a football - also broken up to reflect violence through pure image. The reason behind the bear is that I wanted to use a vicious animal, and when going through my imagery the bear suited best and is the most beast like looking animal, also unwittingly the head is quite round so it sits nicely in a row next to the football.
Through doing this brief, I feel that I am slowly learning and developing my skills to not put lots of imagery / text in to explain my point and that something can be said in as little as 3 words / portrayed by three images.

No comments:

Post a Comment