Monday 23 November 2009

End of Module Self evaluation

1. What practical skills have I developed through this module and how effectively do I think I've applied them?
I think the biggest skill I have picked up is that I know I can create an effective piece of work very simply and it can work just as well, were as before sometimes I would put too much into a piece and overcrowd it. I think this has come to light more at the end of the module - especially with my "no news is good news" brief.

2. What approaches have I developed and how have they informed my design development process?
I don't really know if you can call it an approach, but I feel I have become more receptive to feedback and crits, in the way that I can take away what people have said to me and reflect and respond to it

3. What strengths can I identify in my work?
Well I feel that I produce work to the best of my ability - even if at times it's not the best solution. I think that the way I work if fairly logical which helps me progress through the brief.

4. What weaknesses can I identify in my work and how will I address them next time?
I think I need to get the idea clear in my mind before I go on to developing. This was a problem in the envelope task, I wasn't sure what I was making was the best solution so didn't fully like it, but I was stressing to meet the deadline that I went with it, however after readdressing the problem I feel I came up with the best solution for the brief but I wish I had come up with that first to not waste time and resource.

5. Identify five things I would do differently next time and what I expect to gain from doing it.
  1. Try to incorporate colour into my work instead of sticking with black and white (although I've felt that in the briefs I have done this module that black and white has been appropriate). It will help me get better at using colour and hopefully I can use it effectively.
  2. Get an idea clear in my head first. It will help me develop a better solution.
  3. Be clearer at crits - sometimes I don't express myself very well and what I'm trying to do is muddled by what I say and it's not clear.
  4. Try and get work done at earlier times, I've been a bit daft this module - trying to produce work which hasn't gone well and ended up not getting enough sleep which in turn has made me very unresponsive the following day.
  5. I just need to be more confident in what I do - this will help me in crits and in my work - I just need to show that I believe in what I am doing.
6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas: 5 - excellent - 1 - poor
Attendance - 4
Punctuality - 5
Motivation - 4
Commitment - 4
Quantity of work produced. - 3
Quality of work produced. - 3
Contribution to the group. - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment