Tuesday 3 May 2011

Enterprise Evaluation

This module has really been beneficial to me and given me the confidence to go out into the world of work without feeling I'm going to get ripped off. I think the lectures were structured in a way that made it easy to understand without being bombarded with heavy business jargon. I also think that it has been very worthwhile learning how to manage money and various sections of business structures, as it makes going into the work place a much less scarier thing to think about.
However, having to do some of the tests has been a little difficult for me to get my head around - trying to understand SWOT and PEST has been quite difficult to apply to real life situations and companies without being rude. 
I've also found it a bit difficult to think about what it is I want to do and where it is I want to go, but having done the group business plan and looking around at various companies in various areas has made me think very quickly what it is I want to do. 
I feel that our group presentation went really well. We decided to split the business plan into 4 main areas - location, SWOT/PEST, start up costs and finance and I think this made it really manageable to break down as I don't think our presentation would have been as thorough as it was and I was so pleased with the feedback we got from Jane after the presentation. 
I also want to thank my group for making the group process really easy, despite the challenging content at times I think we had a strong, hard working group and I think all the research we did fitted really well together. We were good at making decisions and it made the process very quick and enjoyable to do. It was nice at times to think that what we were doing was real and that we could potentially do this in the future or doing it individually which made it quite exciting. 
I think a massive positive came out of this module / presentation, which was the fact that I felt quite confident getting up and speaking in front of a group of people, which has given me even more confidence which is definitely going to benefit me in the future. I feel I can talk to people now and am overcoming my shyness. 

1 comment:

  1. glad to read that you feel the module benefited you in many ways especially the extra confidence gained from presenting.

    ReplyDelete