Friday 27 May 2011

End of module Evaluation ougd203

This module has been a massive learning curve for me in terms of beginning to decide what type of designer I want to be and having to understanding what the difference between needing to do something and wanting to. Having done the design practice brief I really enjoyed it as it was more the type of design i.e. design for music that really interests me so I felt more passion for it. Also illustrating is something that really interests me so it was enjoyable to mainly focus on that aspect of it. However I do feel I need to get faster at it and develop a more distinct / better style but this is something I have time to work on and can improve upon.
I feel as well that I could have spent so much more time trying to get the images right and feel I concentrated too much on just illustrating so definitely need to get faster. In terms of a design strategy I think this will be something to focus on for my 3rd year - it's what I'm good at. One thing I need to think about is how the image might look in context - I've left massive areas around the image so when trying to put into context it is often in a circle or a square so I need to start thinking about how it might look on a product.
I was disappointed that I ran out of time to screen print up some t-shirts and this in the future will need factoring in as it is something I want to get better at but need better time management skills. 

Having learned about building and making websites, this too is something that I really started to enjoy - there's so much to learn but it felt great to add another string to my skills. If I'm been honest I think if the brief was to design a website for ourselves it might have been more rewarding, but there's no reason why I can't do this over the summer as well.
The YCN brief I found the most challenging in terms of having to marry my style with someone elses. I do feel I struggled to put my stamp on it and the end result wasn't really me at all. I need to be more commanding at times and a little bit less shy.
All in all like I say it has been a big learning curve but I now feel I have a more decisive direction to base my 3rd year on so it's been very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment