Tuesday 26 April 2011

Image - end of module evaluation

Throughout this module I feel I have developed new skills in time management and am now beginning to be able to create work at a much faster pace which I have really enjoyed as I feel I can now turn work around at a more professional level and have more confidence in my ideas and work. I also think that my skills in developing ideas and executing to a good standard is something I have come on in. I think that having a fast paced environment in discussing ideas at the very early stages has helped me have more conviction in my thought process and I can now integrate within the group to give feedback and opinions which I always felt I struggled with. 
I think throughout this module my illustration skills are developing and especially with the book brief and type as image brief I now feel I have some good portfolio pieces to show. The module itself has really given me an insight into different areas of design and has strengthened my opinions of what it is I want to do in my career, steering me in a more illustrative direction and I want to strengthen my type as image skills as this was my favourite brief and I'm already inspired by Craig Ward and Alex Troucht that I kind of want to follow in their footsteps. 
I think I'm most disappointed with my self initiated brief - not necessarily the outcome of the work as it gave me a chance to do some more illustration pieces which I enjoyed doing and think have turned out fairly successful, but I think in terms of the content. I was really looking forward to doing loads of music based briefs. However, time became an issue for myself and my cousins band to find time to work together as they went on tour and I've worked, which is a real shame and with it being a big part of the self initiated brief I just felt that the other two briefs I set wouldn't be enough work and felt doing a bigger one brief I would produce more work for it. Over the summer I might still take up the original brief I set as I think it could have some great outcomes.
This has been my favourite module as I think I really engaged with it and now feel I have a real direction to head in in my career path and can start creating quick simple pieces to further my portfolio.
Big thankyou to Amber as well for being a supportive tutor and making it an enjoyable module to do. I think her support has really boosted my confidence and helped me make quick decisions and given me a direction to follow.
How I would grade myself on the following areas:
5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor
Attendance 5
Punctuality 5 
Motivation  5
Commitment  5
Quantity of work produced 4
Quality of work produced 3
Contribution to the group 4

No comments:

Post a Comment