Monday 19 April 2010

What is a line evaluation...

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them? 2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I've definitely come to realise more about colour, composition, framing and to think outside the box in terms of trying new things such as the 3D letters I had to build in a team - I really enjoyed that. I think over the course of the module it has helped me to make decisions slightly quicker when it comes to colour etc as I know now what works / what doesn't and also that something doesn't have to just be placed smack bang in the middle of the page to look good.
The module has been very insightful and I've picked up new techniques such as book making and photography which is really helping me in other areas of my work.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

It's not so much a strength of my work, but I am already capitalising I feel on photography - the workshop was really helpful and I feel that my skills are improving.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

I wish I had spent a bit more time on my books and maybe used some of my photographs / taken some more, however I know this is where I went wrong so in the future I can learn from this.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  • Try out more experiments / draw more for what is a line.
  • Craft books better.
  • Could have taken lots more photographs.
  • Looked more at colour popping.
  • ...

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

Attendance X (4)
Punctuality X (5)
Motivation X (3)
Commitment X (4)
Quantity of work produced X (3)
Quality of work produced X (3)
Contribution to the group X (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment