Monday 14 February 2011

End of Module OUGD202 Evaluation

Well after an horrendous start to this module, I really feel that I've taken a new approach to how this module went and how I conduct myself on the course. Also I feel that I got pretty much everything I wanted to get done, done (although there are loads more ideas, variations etc that could have been done time permitting).

It's always rewarding to learn new skills and this has been such a big learning curve, but I feel that I've grasped the basics and could potentially take this up full time, get better at it - learn more about how to animate / make better storyboards etc, From starting way back with the silent movie brief I was ready to quit... I just couldn't do it and couldn't grasp the basics of keyframing or anything. I think this was down to the fact I didn't storyboard well at all and spent most of my time looking at a screen. However, I definitely learned from this in the Top Ten brief. As I missed the first week of the brief I was so behind, but I found that if I took the process of animating right back to the basics and storyboarded first, I would be able to do it... and I could! It was such a relief to get this done and it was such a help to have drawn ideas down before animating. This in turn with making full use of the studio and staying late each night really helped me to catch up on all the work - I really think I'm starting to progress now - I seem to be able to jot my ideas down much quicker than I could before and this in turn is getting me results quicker.
Despite needing to change my style and channel a few times, I felt it was really beneficial for me to do this as I've ended up with a title sequence I'm pretty pleased with for a first attempt. If I'd have stuck to my original ideas it could have taken me so much longer to create and I don't think in hind sight it would have turned out as well.

The silent movie brief really fed well into the top ten brief, I didn't spend enough time at all on this brief particularly due to the personal problems I've encountered and discussed prior to undertaking the top ten brief. The mistakes I made with colour considerations / storyboarding etc really made me want to create a good title sequence and capitalise and learn from what I did wrong in order to get organised for top ten and I feel my work flow has really improved because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment