Wednesday 5 January 2011

Proposed Position Statement.

10 summative statements about me as a designer:

  1.  I feel that the content that I base my work on is always something I am interested in - this keeps me interested throughout and always wanting to create something I'm proud of.
  2.  I'd love to get into the music / movie / T.V. industry - something fast paced and always changing.
  3.  My work is more than likely to be image based as this is what I am content with and drives me.
  4.  I want to be able to use a wide variety of techniques - hand printing (screen / letterpress), drawing, video etc.
  5.  I feel my skills are developing week on week and I really want to have a strong digital background as I have started focusing on photography. 
  6.  I always want to be challenged with interesting clients (not difficult ones!).
  7.  I like to work with black and white with injections of colour.
  8.  Symbolism and minimalistic shapes are fast becoming an integral source of imagery in my work.
  9.  I find that as I am becoming more informed about what is going on in the world - globally, locally, celebrity / sport / film / music based that my work is becoming more interesting. It is really important I am finding to be constantly up to date with big issues.
  10. Animals are a strong source in my imagery and is something I have incredible passion for. I often draw upon various ones to create my work. This is something else I'm incredibly interested in and I feel it brings an organic feel to my work. I also aim to never compromise my ethics in anyway if it compromises the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment